Monday, May 26, 2008

Fabulista Excited: About the Hanoi Holiday.

Nope, this is not a title of an expose on the Vietnam War and its atrocities. The Fabulista is keenly aware of the events but not keen on discussing them; at least not here. What the Fabulista is excited about though, is the impending trip to Hanoi and Cat Ba. The latter destination has got nothing to do with anything feline or pubs (although I’ve been told you can find them aplenty there). Instead, what Cat Ba really is, is an island set off the main body of Vietnam itself, thus Cat Ba Island.

The trip itself does not start till the 1st of June. In the meantime, I am desperately trying to pick up some daily survival lines thieng Viet, although I’ve been told that many of the younger generations can speak thieng Ahn nowadays since it is taught in schools. Well, chuc may mang! Hopefully, I can remember the important lines before setting of.

I have, as I did on my trip down to Bali, enrolled myself into a cooking class. Who knows, maybe when I come back, my fabulous friends will be able to get a taste of delicious homemade rice paper skin spring rolls and authentic pho bo…


View Larger Map

0 comments: