Saturday, May 3, 2008

Fabulista Applauds: Iron Man – The Movie


Starring Robert Downey, Jr, I really thought it was a miscast. However, my friends tell me that Downey does resemble the comic hero. I don’t read the comic, I only know Iron Man as an animated cartoon character and I thought Downey’s darkside does not quite suit the character he’s playing. Show’s how much I know.

Apprently, Tony Stark is every bit as dark as the Downey. So it suits the role well. But that aside, Iron Man is really a very entertaining piece of action/adventure movie. The witty lines and the flawed characters and even the clumsy-klutzy Tony Stark made the person/hero all the more relatable and believable.

The show and its story is current and human. It’s a larger than life story in an approachable, believable package.


At the end of the show, I was so inspired; I went and got myself an Iron Man action figure. So now, my Superman and Bumble Bee have a new heroic partner in protecting FabuCity.

He is IRON MAN.

0 comments: