Saturday, December 13, 2008

Fabulista Says: It All Came True with You

"I wish you a happy birthday, baby", Yan said.

"Thanks, baby..." Bren replied and turned towards Yan.

They held each other, foreheads touching and under a midnight sky, accompanied by a million sparkling celestial diamonds.

"Make a wish!" Yan encouraged and continued chirpily "It's customary...!"

Bren looked up at Yan and recounted a memory from childhood, "I've always had a list of ten wishes I carried with me while growing up..."

Bren unfolds a yellowed piece of paper from his jacket. On the paper, was a list in handwriting that ranged from childish to mature script:
  1. always be happy;
  2. always choose wisdom;
  3. have something to look forward to every new day;
  4. have something to look forward to every night;
  5. hold something pure at least once;
  6. behold the most breathtaking view in the world;
  7. to know what's real and what's not;
  8. always be able to tell the difference;
  9. find contentment in life;
  10. find the love of a lifetime.
"Then I found you..."

"You are my number ten that helps me find all my other nine..."

Yan understood.

They held each other tight, embrace by the night, warm with the radiance of streetlights, cloaked by a sky with a million sparkling delight.

Their lips found each other as their hearts found each other.

0 comments: