Thursday, December 11, 2008

Fabulista Feels: Confused.

Went down to a private preview of Zegna sale in town today in the shopping heart of the sunny island set in the sea.

There was a massive, if short lived jam, caused by a ridiculously proportioned limousine, which raised both temperatures and cab fares. I was told by my driver that the king of the state up north is paying the mall a visit. Apparently, he is being driven in that aforementioned crazy vehicle.

Strange... I thought.

If your kingdom is "Truly Asia" and "bagus" (bahasa for 'good' or 'excellent') as you put it, why come down here for your shopping? I am sure the small island is grateful to you for stimulating its economy, but shouldn't you be helping yours first (Fabulista in an altruistic mode)?

Unless, hmm, dare I venture, being truly Asia means there are no western designer goods available (except Jim Thompson and Jimmy Choo?) or perhaps being 'bagus' does not include descent shopping places?

But I am just truly guessing, of course...

0 comments: