Thursday, December 4, 2008

Fabulista Laments: The Loss of Leisure.

I can’t remember how long it took me to complete my last paper. I certainly hope it wasn’t too long. I am in serious need of a holiday. I have been slogging non-stop for the past whole year.

It’s no joke training future wannabes and that is not including the management of the wannabes’ parents. Those people make too many assumptions – the responsibilities of parenthood; the abilities of their offspring and even the trainers’ role in the development of the wannabes.

Now, I am assumed to be on a holiday from all that nonsense. However, due to the nature of my training to be a master fashionista/fabulista/urbanista, my break is usurped by the lessons that continue into the holiday.

I have been told by well-meaning people that it is for the long-term good that I should be doing this. I am aware of that; I chose to take this up for crying out loud. I just need to vent the loss of a breathing period – give me at least that little amount of freedom and choice.

0 comments: