Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Fabulista Refuses: Her Mess...

I have often stressed to my circle of fabulous friends, how important it is to speak properly. This is especially so if you represent a particular organisation. What's worse than an inability to communicate fluently in the service (or indeed, any) line? In my opinion , it's actually mispronouncing that particular organisation's name...

image As mentioned in an earlier blog, I have fallen in love with Hermes fragrances. Terre d'Hermes is one of them and Orange Verte being the other. After shopping around town for the product, I thought I'd see if I can get it at a shop, famous for selling discounted toiletries. For ease of reference, let's call it Zaza.

"My I hep chew..."

I ducked, thinking that someone was going to sneeze into my face. Instead, what I saw was an earnest, albeit heavily made up visage in front of me. Talk about a rude shock! Isn't there a convention or guideline on how much makeup a person can put on before it hits the legal limit? If there is, I am sure it is way before the product starts to cake.

"Oh... erm... do you have Hermes fragrances...?"

Blank stare from the promoter...

"Hermes...?"

"Huh...?". Pause. "Oh, you mean her mess...?

My turn to get wide eyes.

"No sorry, we don't carry her mess..."

Faster than you can make up a toilet joke, I was out of the shop, stifling an all out laugh fest.

0 comments: