Friday, June 6, 2008

Fabulista Decides: A Change is in the Pot.

It’s bright, sunshiny and everything lovely about the weather today. My travel buddies experience some rock climbing. I have decided to sit that activity out. (Seriously, can you imagine the manicure damages and scarring potential? Uh-huh… now multiply that by a hundred times… there – a rough picture). All these translate to a rest day for me. Which in Fabulous talk translates to elegant slumming in the sun. Which meant that I can catch up on my skin colouring process (I mean, ‘tanning’ is such a ‘last millennium’ term) whilst reading. Nothing like a good mix of intellect and esthetics all rolled into one.

However, this is not the first time I’ve been down to the semi-private beach at the resort. Having a semi-private beach meant that pass a pseudo border is where the local hangout for beach activities too. It is at one of these trips down the beach that I notice the veritable sculpture gallery on exhibition. It’s enough to drive Michelangelo on visual overdrive.

Apparently, one does not need to go down to Miami Beach to see the boy beautiful. Just Cat Ba will do. The best part is; they’re not even conscious about it! That is unlike those who walk around the beach and act like they’re the nicest piece of meat on the shelf.

Go down the promenade of Cat Ba any day and you’ll find out that on every male person, a six-pack is de-rigueur. The same of a female body – slim, graceful and delicate, regardless of the social-economic background. There’s nothing to show off and everyone is indifferent to the fact that they are the body beautiful defined. In fact, it seems to be such a uniform that no one is impressed with another’s physique. At all!

Apparently, this corps l’beautè is a direct result of their high-vegetables, low-meat counts in their diet. Maybe, I should consider changing my diet as well. In the meantime, I know you (yes, you) are having an “imagination running wild” episode about the abs and pecs scenario.

And yes, let them run wild – it’s all true and more.

0 comments: