Saturday, June 2, 2007

GSS'07: What’s your great buy?

I’ve gone bargain/label/leather crazy this shopping season. Yes, I am a label slut. I never denied that. But I am of the discerning, selective kind. That’s what sets me apart from the run-of-the-mill fashion victims, the fashionista wannabes and other assorted garden-variety shopaholics.

I know what I want. I want designer goods, quality materials, classic designs and during the sale season – all of the above criteria at a fabulous price, dah-link! My dear aspiring fellow bargain hunters and sale vultures, there is ABSOLUTELY NO POINT in buying a designer trench coat in patent leather splashed in S/S’07 lime green shade. You won’t be wearing it here in the sweltering heat and because of its loud and camp colour, EVERYONE (including the auntie in the BIG hairdo from the multi-island country) is going to know that you are wearing a past season sale item. Like anyone would tell you – you don’t date yourself (pun intended).

What purchase of absolute fabulousness and gorgeousness did I make this year? Are you ready for the names I am about to drop? Here goes:

Totes
Shoes and bags
Sandals
Slides

and there’s more to come…

0 comments: