Monday, May 28, 2007

Bali! Here I come...!

It’s the June holidays again. This time around, I am going to another island destination – Bali, Indonesia.

Despite the gigantic waves and strong winds that I have been hearing about; ironically, mostly from my well-meaning but paranoid colleagues, I have booked an air ticket and made my hotel reservation for Sanur – one of the nicer beach areas in Bali.

I will be there for 9 days and I bet it’s going to be wonderful. As you probably already know, I am a sucker for sunny beaches, rolling blue waves cascading off a blue ocean and settling onto tawny, ochre grains of sand on the shore, with my feet sinking into the soft grainy beds.

I can almost hear them… the (I imagine) friendly islanders calling out as I arrive on the idyllic paradise, “SELAMAT DATANG KE BALI!”

0 comments: