Friday, June 8, 2007

Ayung & Mezzanine.

Whitewater rafting and dinner at Mezzanine.
Friday, 8th June, 8.15 p.m.

• Trip to Ayung River.
• Picked up two Russians – Grandpa and grandson; not very chatty.
• Ayung River very gentle, too gentle – most time I had to excite myself.
• Next time will try Telaga Waja – 3m drops.
• Napped and then tanned a bit.
• Dinner at Mezzanine:
  • Hynotic Illusion
  • Beef salad
  • Mahi-mahi steak
  • Lemon grass mango crème brulee
• Music at the restaurant was reflective: “Both Sides Now” – I’ve looked at life from both sides (of the clouds) now. I really don’t know life at all.

Ayung - A gentle way to whitewater rafting... pffrt.

Ferdi booked the wrong course for me – Ayung is way too gentle for me - like a scenic stroll down a river. The two Russians and two Japanese weren’t exactly great rafting partners – two of them too apathetic and the other two too volatile.

Who would have known that dinner at a posh restaurant can be so reflective? I really don’t know life at all (Joni Mitchell), and just when you think you’ve learnt how to use it, it’s gone (Shakespear Sister).

Mahi Mahi at Mezzanine

0 comments: