Tuesday, May 16, 2006

8th day - The last day...

Day 8 - 16th May The last day...

9:30 a.m.

Last breakfast at K.

Am having breakfast at the bistro in K-Hotel.

I woke up early today just to make sure that I can make it for breakfast and have a long, leisurely one before I say goodbye this time round.

I wanted to have a nice chat with Lee too. She had made my holiday in Phuket so enjoyable this time round. I would like to come back to this hotel for my next stay. But I do hope they do something about the bed bugs. I was badly bitten by the bugs and Jan got it worst. At first I thought I had hives from the alcoholic cocktails we've been drinking in our room (I am rather sensitive to alcohol). Then when my face had it, I thought it was acne outbreak. But when even my hands started to have tiny bumps, I got suspicious.

I think the chambermaids are aware of the situation. Which was probably why they immediately sprayed the room with insecticide when Jan trapped a bug under an ashtray on the bed. When Jan told Robert, the Chef at the hotel (whom I think is also a partner in the management) the other evening, he became reticent, insisting that they were mosquito bites. Hello... we are from Singapore; we know what mozzie bites are like. We have them here too.

11:30 a.m.

Jan, Lee and I.

We chatted with Lee till 11:15 a.m.

It was time to officially checkout before the people from Hideaway Spa come and pick us up for our appointment. We've booked ourselves an appointment to wrap up our whole journey here for this holiday.

Must take a photo with Lee before I go.

12:05 p.m.

Am at Hideaway now.

I have selected a package treatment of lemongrass and lime leaves sauna, followed by a body wrap and an aromatherapy massage and facial massage.

Oh, gotta go now...

4:00 p.m.

I am positively glowing! My skin is so soft and smooth from head, face to toe! And I feel so completely relaxed with my body gently emanating a soft fragrance of the prai oil used for my massage.

 

However, I think the Spa setting is just a tad too 'rustic' for me. Everything is so open - the salas (verandahs) for private sessions are open, the baths and showers are open - everything is just so freaking open. Even my sheer sarong feels non-existent - it clings to the contours of my privates. I might as well have been walking around nude.

4:15 p.m.

Gosh, I am hungry... Neng's here to bring us to the airport. I hope he brings us to a nice place for lunch... late lunch.

5:00 p.m.

That might as well have been lunch and dinner. 25 baht (about S$1) for a bowl of soup noodle generously littered with barbecued pork, pork balls and other assorted ingredients. I couldn't even see the noodles... worth it!

6:30 p.m.

Jan has been swearing to me by her Oriental Princess range of skincare products. There's a new range that's just come out - Perfection White & Firm, just nice for mum. I've already gotten her a Thai silk handbag for Mothers' Day; this skincare is perfect for her birthday.

9:00 p.m.

On board JetStar flight 3K 538. While taking off, Phuket trailed by in a blazing display of twinkling streetlights and tiny neon signs, like a midsummer's night dream by fairy's glen. Memories of the holiday blazing pass like a fantasy, an illusion of the mind, its reality testified by the cultural artifacts, objet d'arts and other local products I carry back in my luggage. Each item bears witness to a wonderful week of fun in the sun and delights in night.

So there really is no fear of missing this delirious haze of delight that is Phuket. It is real and it is there. I have a feeling there will be more of such a Phuket Ph-antasy that I will experience in the years to come...

0 comments: