Wednesday, May 10, 2006

The 2nd day...

Day 2 - 10th May

10:00 a.m. (Thailand time)

Ok, just woke up.

Oops, ohmigod... what time do they stop serving breakfast...?

10:30 a.m.

Whew, managed to get breakfast when I got here at 10:25, after a scoring a record time for freshening up (hey, 15 minutes has to be a record... at least for myself...?).

Nice coffee... ok, lady at restaurant chatting up... must be polite and pay (humoring) attention.

11:00 a.m.

Ok so the lady's conversation turned out interesting and we actually chat amicably and casually for half an hour while she scurries between tables.

Found out that name of lady serving us is Lee. Got a feeling we will get along swell...

Now packing up to go Thai massage.

2:00 p.m.

Ohmigod... that HAS to be better than an orgasm after sex. I am of course referring to the hour-long Thai oil massage I just had. The masseuse used all the right pressures at all the right spots to ease out all the tension in my body.

2:20 p.m.

click on pic to enlarge

Am now sitting at Sabai-Sabai (local bistro mentioned and recommended in Lonely Planet) thinking of what to have while still feeling putty-like and amorphous after the session. Must wipe off silly and languid grin before I start becoming a pot-smoking suspect...

Darn! That massage session was good... what's the parlor's name again...?

3:15 p.m.

click on pic to enlarge

Beach.

Sunny.

Hot.

Lots of bodies to remind me of what I do not have...

Damn...! I'll just go soak in the waters then.

4:30 p.m.

click on pic to enlarge

Joined Jan to chat with the cabana boy.

Played age guessing game... he guessed that I am 22 (WOW!!).

Am feeling fabulous again (when did I ever not...?)

5:00 - Fake goods; genuine heart (to learn).

Am shopping at this alley that specializes in imitation branded beachwear. Somehow attracted to particular stall... nice lady stallholder.

Gives good bargain and excellent attention to customers. Didn't intend to get anything (it was Jan who wanted to buy) but was somehow led to (subconsciously) I guess... damn them subliminal suggestive retailing tactics.

It could also be my ridiculous sense of humor...

click on pic to enlarge

But what really struck was the lady's voracious appetite to learn. She kept asking us to repeat certain words for her, new words that are useful to help her advertise and sell her goods. Like the �reversible� kimono, �too much� = �pang� = expensive... etc. She would listen and repeat to us and get us to correct her, conscientiously learning.

She might be selling fake stuff, but she certainly has a real heart to learn. It was the same with the cabana boy. If only all my students are like...

7:00 p.m.

Am at travel agency to book island-hopping trip to Phi Phi and assorted islands.

Jan can drive a good bargain.

She's scary when she does that.

Am staying away from her for now...

8:00 p.m.

click on pic to enlarge

Dinner. Food glorious food!

I don't think I can think this rich amount EVERYDAY!

Already looking forward to something lighter and more refreshing (like lots of veggies).

Maybe tomorrow.

 

0 comments: