Sunday, February 26, 2006

Still waiting.

Still waiting.

And hoping.

I have been waiting for someone to come along in my life who will sweep me off my feet. But it would appear that I am a love pariah! No such luck for as long as I can remember.

I am thinking perhaps it's just impossible to hang around with me. I am the difficult one in the group whom people just tolerate.

Or maybe I am one of the mediocre ones - the people around just outshines. Not smart enough, not good-looking enough, etc.

Or maybe I am the one who becomes the 'friend'. Nothing deeper or more intimate than that. You know, the safe one whom you never become more intimate with. Except when talking about your beau, whom you are going out with.

The thing is, many people do not realize that we are human beings too. And being taken as the 'safe' option isn't exactly what we look forward to being labeled. Can you imagine that, you're not the romantic, the dream, or even the bad boy or the jerk? You're just mediocre and 'safe'. You're the product that people leave on the shelf to chalk up the digits but nobody ever buys?

Or maybe I haven't hung out enough? I've been busy with school for the past four years, I have forgotten to step out and put myself in the limelight and let the spot land on me for a while for others to take notice.

Or perhaps I haven't allowed myself the spotlight? Afraid to fall to fast, too deep because the last time hurt too deep, too long.

I am too this and/or too that. Or not enough of this and/or not enough of that.

I don't know.

I only know I've been waiting for too long... ...


1 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey there...

i guess the wait for someone who truly connects with us resembles the wait for the best grapes to be harvested for a bottle of wine...

yet, would that bottle of wine picked from the most superior grapes really suit and satisfy our tastebuds?

luv,
smokepot :P