Monday, February 20, 2006

My Happiness.

I was very happy and excited when my favourite coffee hangout decided to use actually thick-glass glasses (duh!) for their �having it here� cold beverages. Gives one a certain feel of cachet when drinking it. Well, this as oppose to some cheap disposable plastic cup. Not cool.

Besides, using a sparkling, shiny glass also screams �I love the Earth!� or �I am certified enviro-friendly�. Very nice, very So-Ca (South California). But then again, of course we are ignoring the fact that glasses need water, detergent, synthetic sponges, electricity for the lights and hot water when cleaning. All precious resources and potential pollutants.

Unfortunately, they had stopped using the shiny, sparkly glasses and reverted. I was served my Rhumba Frappucino in a *gasp!* plastic cup.

After a massively disappointing evening at Starbucks�, I was on my bus-journey home which required doses of medicated oil because of the assault on my olfactory senses. It�s nothing to do with the bus (I think), but more to do with the bus-users. The odours could be effused by the labourers who have been toiling under the searing sun, building a better life for you and me and 4 millions others living on this teensy island � an exciting accolade of men women and post-colonial immigrants.

Shame on me for being critical. And unsympathetic. (Hey isn�t it Sunday? Must be my off day...).

I was on the bus with my in-ear Fontopids firmly stuck in my ear listening to a certain pint-sized Aussie suggesting to me that she believes in me. Ah ah ah... aural bliss! But I thought I was getting anti-social and so should join in the crowd�s activities for a bit (be a participant, not an spectator of life!).

So I turned my attention to the 20 cm unit on the bus, aka TV-Mobile. Hey! Whaddya know, the news was on. First up, the critical situation in a certain country with respect to some insulting illustrative issues. The mob, they are attacking the... hey... wait a minute... the American Embassy?

First off, why are they pelting the building with tomatoes, eggs and other foodstuff? Isn�t there a better use for that? Like maybe feeding the homeless and hungry? Ooh, hold on... I didn�t know that the American�s have anything to do with the illustrations... I thought it was in the land of fairytales and creamery butter cookies...

�...widespread speculations that the American government masterminded the recent...�

I see, such epiphany! Of course it�s the Americans. They are the cause of everything isn�t? They started the recent war (or was that more of a reaction?). Let�s not even go to the oil prices.

What about the poor homeless children?

Or those involved in child prostitution?

Or the widespread famine in Africa?

Or the widespread diseases?

Ah-ha! The bird-flu? What about the bird flu? Yes! The bird-flu! Check out their crest!

And the chewing gum?

And the litter of cats abandoned outside my neighbour�s house?

Oh, of course I had been so foolish! Now, at last I see!

Anyone to take up on the cause and believe with me? They are the cause of so much unhappiness! It�s a massive worldwide onslaught!

But then I am also just speculating.

However what I am NOT speculating is my unhappiness caused by their Starbucks� not being served in shiny, sparkly glasses.

Damn!

0 comments: