Sunday, February 26, 2006

It's an -ASH day

It’s A Crash!

Diary-X crashed and is now defunct. That’s right. I just went to their website and read the open letter.

What that mans to me is that all the journal entries I have ever made over the last three are lost. Well, at least lost online anyway. I had always backed up each entry as a Word document, so at least the important writings are still intact.

I am still considering whether I should re-post my past entries onto this Blogspot. However I am swayed towards “hey, life goes on dude!” attitude. Nevertheless, I am still open to suggestions now – should I re-post my past entries? Comments, please?

What I am really sorry is for losing my visitors – I really take them as my guests, since they’ve been “at home with me” for such a long time. And I’ve been missing the comments on my entries too. I was pleasantly surprised and honored when I saw visitors from lands as exotic as Saudi Arabia and Egypt reading my blog. Even from the east, I've got visits from Koreans and China Mainlanders! There were even strangers from way north in the United Kingdom and France, out west in the United States dropping by. I am glad they’ve since become my friends too.

Unfortunately, right now there’s now way they can trace their way to this new blog.

I will continue my journal writing on this Blogspot. But hey, you guys continue to send in your comments yah!

It’s A Smash!

I just surfed through my godfather’s blog (Yes, that’s you Chris!). It’s a swell collection of photos journaling his way home from work. I am so envious of the fact that he gets to pass by a Starbucks® on his way there. I only get a Coffee Bean & Tea Leaves. I don’t think their hot beverages taste great. I always get badly extracted coffee – full off the acids but none of the body. Something is just wrong. But they might just tell you that they are a ‘café’ not a ‘coffeehouse’. But hello? How about some pride in your job? The Italians serve the best coffee any size, hands down. They are a proud and dedicated people that way.

As you can probably tell, I prefer Starbucks®; even if they’ve stopped serving their cold beverages in shiny glasses. However I hope they’d bring the glasses back, it’s just not cool sipping Frappucino out of a disposable cup while “having in here”.

Anyway, back to Chris’ photojournal. It might be just me, but everything there seems HUGE! The supermarket’s gigantus (it’s a whole building by itself) and even the Starbucks® is big! I believe I would have to develop cinemascope 16:9 aspect eyes when I get there just to take in everything! (Okay, gotta stop with the exclamations again).

Nevertheless, it’s fun. It’s like a little tour of the place. Maybe one of these days I can visit the place for a bit of a holiday. But most likely in the June, when schools close for the mid-year holidays when I am teaching (hopefully I can get to leave). From what Chris had said, the November/December period would be too cold for fun. Oh and Paige if you are reading this, yes, it’s warm here in Singapore – too warm! How does 28�C – 32�C of humid weather sounds to you?

Going through the photos, I am now inspired to do one of mine too. Hopefully, the sun would come out later in the evening and I can try to get some nice shots of MY neighbourhood.

0 comments: