Sunday, September 28, 2008

Fabulista Reminded: Of Humanity and Hope

Grey’s Anatomy is back with season 5. Through the first episode, the storytelling brought me back to life. I could feel the heart pumping again; pumping warmth, pumping life, pumping feeling. The liquidinous flow delivering senses back into my limbs, back into my life.

For a long time, I have been out of touch with myself. The busyness of everyday hardened my senses. I made myself numb so that I can face whatever the day throws at me. With my senses down, I can handle the situation without breaking down, without my emotions getting the best of me, then solve the problem, straight-faced and dull.

But I am not dull. This is not the real me – something is eating the humanity and soul out of my system and I know who and what that carnivore is. I don’t need to elaborate it here, I know what it is.

I embody passion, life and sparks. I am the effervescence in a bottle of champagne.

I know what I need to do. My travel agent should be delivering my air tickets soon. I am going to sign the papers the next day.

0 comments: