Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Fabulista Wonders: The True Loss...

As previously mused, the Fabulista is going home to train a new batch of Fashionista from one's village. After all, hasn't it been made known to one and all that unless one had been a graduate this elitist Wannabe Training School (WTS), one never truly is part of it? This was revealed to all by a certain Mr Philip (alumni and now father of current student).

Fabulista is a graduate of a neighbourhood Fashionista Institute and is currently getting one's Master Degree in Fabulousness after a degree in fashion and an honours degree on fashionism. Not too bad for a village idiot, no? But in the world according to Philip, unless one graduated from the elitist instituition, one can NEVER be great. What a wonderful notion. Let the graduates of the school come back and train their future wannabes then. It would be such a wonderful experiment on inbreeding and nepotism. It would be ethical, since all the participants are willing subjects.

Anyway, I digress. What is really the topic today is the occasion of one of my principals finding out about my desire to go home. So Ralph Lauren asked me to his room. However, what I found amusing was his greater concern on his embarassment that he did not know one of his trainer's desire to leave. So despite all the talk about how the insitute thinks highly of me, I am still just a digit and now an embarassing liability. He is emotionally distraught. His loss of face is truer and greater and not that one and indeed many of his (so-claimed) more capable teachers are leaving.

It's also a good thing that Ralph did not ask me to stay. Things might have gotten dirty should I need to reveal the true reason for my departure. Those of you familiar with that elitist WTS would know what I am referring to.

I am going home.

Finally, going home.

ALMA MATER, I AM COMING HOME!


Village Fashion School Song

Fashion lights my way

As I learn and play from day to day
And to build in me

Obedience to authority in school and country


Village Fashion is our pride

You'll guide us with your burning light

Through our trainers we will be

Productive to fashion-ism


Fashion lights my way

As I learn and play from day to day

And to build in me
Obedience to authority in school and country

- written by J. J. de Souza;
sung by countless success stories before and after the
Fabulista.

0 comments: