Monday, November 19, 2007

Fabulista: Is not a toy.

I am elegance and grace defined. Unfortunately, there are the uninitiated who mistakes it as weakness.

Nay, nave, I am vicious, vociferous and vindictive personified.

An acquaintance had been sending out invitations to one’s wedding dinner. The process had been going on for more than a month now and being the fabulista that I am, I knew about it. I am not sore about the non-invitation, in fact, except from close friends, I never look forward to any sort of invitation, especially the pink types.

I am also aware that many had declined her invitation. As a result, there are several empty tables. So, imagine my chagrin when I was approached with a last minute invite from said acquaintance. It was obvious that I was meant to be the gap-filler to prevent a loss of profits.

Peeved – I was taken as a spare tyre, a replacement! How rude! I am not putty – I don’t play as filler. I do not enjoy being taken as a pawn to your profits/loss margin.

I have thus declined the invite as well, excusing myself in the usual elegant way. It ironic though – even without tasting the dinner, it has already left a bad taste in my mouth.

Watch out – this is the Fabulista you are working with. The Fabulista is NOT a toy.

0 comments: