Monday, October 15, 2007

Fabulista satisfied.

It’s been an incredible weekend shopping experience for me. I have been to Germany, France, Italy and back. I am now wholly satisfied; at least for the time being.

I am now enlightened to the reason why I have not been able to get anything from Hèrmes; they are quite depressing when it comes to accessories for men. I went in to the shop the other day and saw a miserable scattering of shoes and apparels. A few dress accessories and that’s about it. Being a leather fan, there wasn’t much for me at their boutique. I tried to ask about their agendas and wallets and they displayed before me smattering of objets malheureux.

The only thing I might consider right now, which is an organizer (which I suspect I have gotten one from my pals as a birthday gift) is a sad flap of treated skin. Bare boned, everything else was an auxiliary purchase. The pen that doubles as a lock for the flaps and the calendar inserts were all exclusive purchases. I wouldn’t pay a grand for that. I’d rather a Bottega Veneta, with its buttery soft, signature waffle weave (intrecciato) leather.

I am now going home to unravel the mystery of the Gucci gift bag at home.

0 comments: