Saturday, September 29, 2007

Fear.

Fear. It is supposed to be a built-in reflex, defense mechanism designed in all living organisms for survival.

Sometimes, for some people this fear becomes over developed. Some people call it paranoia and in some well-disguised phases, it is known as dislike of something.

What do I mean by that? I’ll get to that soon, but to quote a famous science-fiction character – fear leads to hate.

I was told that some people are afraid of my sharp tongue and my quick wit, that has been known to shred people to pieces. The first thing that popped in my head was, how pathetic you must be if you can’t even take what my tiny tongue can dish.

My quick wit and sharp tongue are a result of years of human, social observation. I can very often tell what is going in a person’s person by one’s action and/or speech. I read and even question between the lines. So, my questions and indeed, my remarks hit and therefore bite one by the agenda’s head.

That makes conniving people uncomfortable.

It is also a basic animal instinct to seek comfort and balance when inflicted with pain. So like anyone who is a slave to their body impulses, they seek to avoid the pain – the pain of having one’s integrity questioned.

Therefore, instead of having to confront their own inner dark soul, they choose to inflame an external challenge. They exclaim that the acerbic tongue is difficult and uncooperative.

I choose to live by my questioning acerbic tongue, walking the straight and narrow.

0 comments: