Sunday, December 3, 2006

Phuket Dec'06 - Day 2

3rd Dec, Sun, 0910hrs – Breakfast at Café Inn, Karon, Phuket.

The sun is streaming in from between the two rows of colonial-style buildings. I am having breakfast accompanied by Peter White’s familiar tunes on smoothjazz.com. I guess the café uses Internet radio service.

The atmosphere here is very relaxed, very friendly and most importantly, serene and quiet. It’s a few physical kilometers but world away from Patong.

I think Colonel would have preferred this part of Phuket more than the one were the last time…

1030hrs – Karon Beach, Karon, Phuket.

This IS a good time to visit Phuket! The sun is blazing and the cool breeze accompanies it.

I went down to the water and it is clear and pristine! Even at three meters deep, I can still see the floor bed of the beach!

There is nothing like fabulous weather, a wonderful beach and time in hand for a wonderful tanning session. All coming together well and altogether…

…lovely!

2230hrs – Hotel room, Karon, Phuket.

Went crazy shopping again. But this time round, it isn’t because of the amount I bought (although I did purchase the entire range of Clarins Men®’s range of products), rather, it’s because of the speed. We arrange with the driver to allow us an hour at each shopping center (Tesco/Lotus and Central Festival) and three at the fabulous night market (must visit when in Phuket, take a tuk-tuk). Note to self and all – one hour is simply NOT enough for ANY sort of shopping. Will go back to Central again.

The night market was FABULOUS!! Not much of things to buy, for me, per se. Stuff to buy is more for Jan, but there was food galore for me!! I went on a binge! Even though the plan was to meet after shopping and pack stuff back to the hotel to eat, I just couldn’t help myself – grilled squids in ultra hot sauce, spring rolls, once-crushed sugar cane juice and other assorted grilled meats.

Got lost for a while when trying to get to the rendezvous point with point. Fortunately, managed to get there without panicking… and then it was back to the hotel with our bags of shopping and food galore!

0 comments: