Saturday, December 2, 2006

Phuket Dec'06 - Day 1

2nd Dec, Sat, 1500 SGT - Changi Budget Terminal

At Changi Budget Terminal (what a horrible name!) making an entry before boarding the plane.

Had a quick lunch of mee rebus from Killiney outlet (note to self: NEVER eat from there AGAIN!)

Now logged in to wireless@sg to make an entry.

Jan is away at the duty free shop (ciggy-shopping, what else?)

By the way, the atmosphere at the budget terminal sucks. Perhaps I'm used to the atmosphere at the main terminals, maybe I am just pampered, but I still believe that traveling abroad is a big deal and the traveler should be made to feel so.

The budget terminal makes me feel sick about going away... the main one, I just feel all abuzz about boarding my flight, going up, up and away...!

2317hrs – Karon Café Inn & Restaurant, Karon, Phuket.

I have been here for only a few hours and I have decided that I won’t be recommending the place to anyone coming to Karon.

Comfortable as the place may be, it’s too bare boned to be true.

When I arrived, there wasn’t a welcome drink at the reception to greet me. I was ushered to a room that hasn’t a water boiler nor stocked room bar.

On top of that, I was promised a free wireless access but when I arrived, I was promptly told that it’s 100bht for 2 hours! Well never mind then, I shan’t surf the net. I thought I’d go and have a shower instead.

Guess what? No hot water for shower. Sigh…

0 comments: