Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Fabulista Thinks: It’s not worth it…

There was a time when I’d just pop a couple of power vitamins and couple doses of Panadol™ and go off to work when I get the flu. I thought then that it was worthwhile making it to fulfill my duty, my calling.

I have come to realize that the belief is ONE WAY. While I strive to fulfill my duty, the establishment does nothing to help. When you lapse, they ask you why you did not fulfill your duty. And when you go beyond the call of duty, they say it’s the basic expectation. No appreciation, no thanks.

Pointless. Might as well look out for self and take care of self. This is the only way here, now.

Thanks to my stint in WTS, my eyes have been opened. Strange how one’s eyes are opened in such places. The last time this happened, it was in a church, this time round it’s an institute, an establishment linked to a church.

Shame. Such a shame.

0 comments: