Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Fabulista speaks: Never an Absolution

‘Atonement’ slit into my reality like a million pine needles, with the tenacity of a bone crushing meat grinder. It was melancholy as a tangible force, a tension pulling on the weighted plum.

I sat in the theater a full 10 minutes after the show, mindlessly watching the credits roll. Externally numb, internally churning on the power of the spoken word. The toxic suggestion of a tainted mind, with imaginations running wild.

Some actions are too microscopic; too inconsequential relative to the aspirations they carry.

ATONEMENT

I died.

An empty, childish summer rage.

I kissed a thousand shameless dreams.

A naivety misconstrues an innocence.

A vision tinted by jealous sight.

I died.

A million jealous rage.

Your regrets a trickle.

Your atonement a sliver –

A convenient fee.

An empty, futile impotent fee.

- Idunexst (VIP)

0 comments: