Saturday, February 9, 2008

Fabulista Says: P.S. I Love You

It was an ordinary afternoon. Therefore, it was inevitably peppered by a movie and then followed by gossips over coffee.

Since the movie was “P.S. I Love You”, the topic was inevitably nudged along the same subject as the movie.

How Would You Say “I Love You”?

If I have to think about it, doesn’t it make it synthetic? Shouldn’t such a declaration be spontaneous? Gosh, how Victoria-Beckham-plastic-confession-overacting-assertion do we have to be?

So plastic fantastic aside. How would we like best to know that our love is accepted? Tradition has it that a ring should be used to symbolize that. Unavoidably then, it led us to the question, which ring would be the best choice as both a symbol and a declaration.

Perhaps I am mellowing. Perhaps, let’s face it; I am getting old. It is entirely possible that one does get sentimental as one gets on in age. I found myself quiet, catching myself with an almost instantaneous, “It doesn’t matter…”

The reason being, it really doesn’t matter anymore. While I used to obsess over a Tiffany & Co. classic six-prong solitaire set in platinum. I realize there are more important things in a relationship than a piece of (albeit dazzlingly beautiful) carbon isotope.

My Ring

So I thought my ring shall not have a brand.

My ring may not have a rock.

My ring may not be tangible.

But my ring shall bear a name.

My ring shall carry with it a promise.

How Do You Know?

When you know that you have to hold them close so you can breathe and live. When you know that you have to let set them free as well because you love them too much. That is when you know.

Of course, I still love the T&Co. six-pronged solitaire. But now, it is a superficial representative of the subject and not the subject itself.

0 comments: