Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Destination Bali - June 2007

Am thinking of holidaying for about a week in Bali this June. Can you look at that photo and honestly say you are not interested? Go see a doctor and check for a pulse.

Have looked at travel guide websites and thought Sanur sounds like a good place - beach, hang ten, ocean view AND affordable, family-run lodgings.

However, I am looking for two things:
  1. Travel tips and suggestions.
  2. Travel buddies.
Travel tips and suggestions.

Have you gone on a holiday to Bali before? I am wondering if June is a good season to go. I wouldn't want to arrive in the middle of a tropical monsoon and spend my days in the hotel praying to the local gods for fine weather the next.

Which part of Bali were you? I like the beach atmosphere and I love ocean views. I have a strange affinity for the sea. I wouldn't mind hanging out the beach and catching some sun for a holiday tan, sipping on my pina coladas. However, I wouldn't mind visiting places places steep in art and culture - not just visual art and culture mind you, I would appreciate gastronomic art as well! I've also read that Lovina is a good place to stay for nature lovers, which I also am. But I don't want to be stuck in four acres of forestry for my 7 to 8 days stay. I also need variety and accessibility. Nonetheless, a beach spot would definitely get first consideration.

Are there good hotels (i.e. affordable and comfortable) over at those places? I have very simple needs for comfort - security, air-conditioning, hot showers and privacy. Of course, built-in room safes and Internet access in the rooms would be wonderful!

Since I am thinking of Sanur, I spotted a seemingly wonderful hotel there. The Swastika offers affordable lodging and appears to be a very good place to stay, what with all the excellent reviews it's received on many websites' hotel reviews.

Travel buddies.


I have traveled alone and with friends before. Although I enjoy having 'me' times, I also like experiencing the dynamics of traveling with friends. So if you are also itching for a holiday this June, give me a HOLLER or drop me a line. We can make plans and do the necessary arrangements.

My open dates are from 26th May - 20th June, 2007. My preferred dates are 1st to 17th of June with 7 - 10 days of intended traveling period.

I have been bitten and am really itching to go traveling this June. So whether it is giving me tips or as a travel buddy, I really hope to hear from you!

Cheers!

0 comments: