Wednesday, April 30, 2003

[YOU WILL NEVER KNOW]

- vincent immanuel pang



I spend all my waking hours

Amongst past memories

Hurts and disappointments

Believing it will vanish by the morrow.



Was I secretly wishing they would stay?

Devastated by the fear;

If they go, there will be nothing left to hold.

It seems that is all I have left of you.



While daylight sees me;

I go through the motion evading sympathetic eyes.

As evening beckons in my bedroom

It seems melancholy is all that is left of me.



But I can fly away

On these wings of sadness

I am brought to a refuge with no shelter

On the edge of nowhere.



For a momentary lapse of reason

I am drunk under a sea of analgesia

For the comfort that they bring

I escape the harsh reality of pain.



I wake up from the anaesthetics

The fair sun reminding me

Perhaps today they will go away

Perchance today they perish with me.







0 comments: