Sunday, February 8, 2009

Fabulista Relieves: Bad Karma

image Karma (Sanskrit - कर्म) is a part of many world beliefs. I am not inclined to argue with millenniums of wisdom. I intend to use it to understand why things happen.

As fabulous as one is, one is NOT perfect. One's actions and deeds does accumulate karma, both good and bad over time. It comes to a head in a burst of wonder - beautiful and good or nasty and bad, depending on the energies accumulated.

image One said goodbye to BAD KARMA the other day when one's N95 was stolen, taken literally, from right under one's nose. Sitting at one's favourite Starbucks, one moment it was next to me and then the next when one was about to check on one's messages, it was GONE!

I've since gotten a temporary replacement until my dream phone is released. So my dearest fabulous friends can still contact me. But what one was thinking about, is the karma as accumulated. If getting a possession stolen is bad karma, then the creature who took it away had just done a bad deed and at the same time helped relieved of one's bad karma.

So, it's actually double (or quadruple even) the accumulation of bad karma for the perpetrator! Oh, how silly of the evil one! All of one's BAD KARMA off to YOU!! Shoo!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did this fortunate-unfortunate incident happen yesterday? Sheesh.

Personally, I think believing in Karma could help one to be a better person. Dad is a Buddhist and Karma is a oft-discussed topic. But I have issues with the idea that Karma can be accumulated and manifested as fortunate/unfortunate incidents over multiple lives. After all, why should a kind soul in this life have to suffer the bad Karma accumulated in a past life, when a totally separate consciousness is involved now?

I have touched on this when talking to Buddhists who hold strong views against monotheistic beliefs (like my Dad) and feel bummed when they explain that Karma is simply a cosmic law. To me, this is not too different from "God's will" in the sense that an individual has little or no control over life's less predictable episodes.

I think I'll stick to believing in the randomness of life and dumb luck.

Fabulista said...

True, true. Sometimes, it's just easier to say "to each one's own" and "live and let live/die".

I am not into all this hocus-pocus mambo-jambo - it's all, quoting some bearded guy, an opiate. He's right, it does work actually, I do feel calmer when leaving it at that. However, as you can tell, I don't take it lying down. I've since terminated the line, published the IMEI number online and made a police report. I am even working with the cafe to retrieve the CCTV video (my seat was right in front of the cam).

I guess, at the end of the day, I am still very much a grab-life-at-its-neck-and-claim-it-for-all-its-worth-with-a-stranglehold type personality.