Thursday, March 13, 2008

Fabulista Affirms: Bespoke Shoes are Sound for Limps.

My friend from the sunny island set in the sea told me about an adventurous shopping trip the other day. Down at the local mall, famous for it’s collection of famous designer boutiques, there as a commotion and a horde of policemen and women in their sexy blues swept into the mall and paced the entire complex faster than Tyra Banks can get into her next outfit at a Victoria’s Secret show.

Excitedly, my friend concluded that it was possible that a sighting of the island’s number 1 most wanted criminal was reported. I thought it was entirely possible too. I know for a fact that said escape-convict/terrorist limps. As a campaigner of quality, artisan shoes, I totally applaud his decision to invest in a proper pair of Prada for his podiatry condition. How very wise too. Prada's distinct collection of elegant and classic black is an excellent sartorial choice that would suit him so well – stealth and beauty.

However, if he had actually consulted me, I would have given him advice, free of charge (I am not all bitch and no heart you know, I can be a very altruistic person too) and recommended him to the latest Zegna boutique located in the heart of the island’s business district. That boutique provides bespoke shoe services that would have served him well for a perfect pair of shoes to address to his unbalanced bipod condition.

I have been told that a last would be made from any customer’s feet at the measuring session for a perfectly fitting pair just for one – think famous shot of Audrey Hepburn and Salvatore Ferragamo circa 1950s. But then again, I am wondering if Zegna’s master shoemaker is town. I understand that the boutique’s master tailor and shoemaker visits only once a year in December.

Drats, Mas! You should have made an appointment with them earlier…

0 comments: