Sunday, March 23, 2003

THE PRAYER



There are a million little things I could whisper in your ears



There are a thousand good intentions I could sing and cheer.







There are the friends around to offer good something to you



There is a myriad of works that they can do for you.







And it seems to you that I am not coming through



And you start to wonder if I'm really true



I confess I won't ever promise the stars



Nor miracle salve to hide those scars







For everyday I will see the sun



Beyond the heavy drapes of gull grey glum



Along the roads I walk everyday



I'll remember you whenever I pray







There are a million little things your ears may hear



There are a thousand shallow lauds and hungry jeers







There are challenges that come into aching view



There are dire situations that seem brand new







But everyday promises a brand new start



And in everyday God embraces you in His heart.





Vincent Immanuel Pang









0 comments: